Get out on the water and into the wild.
At Cast & Kayak, we love the outdoors and being out on the water.
Fishing and kayaking is in our name, so here you’ll find information to help you get started enjoying these new water-based hobbies.
We cover topics related to adventuring the wilds and waters near you, water sports and activities, and review gear and products related to exploring and enjoying the outdoors.
This site is always developing so bear with us as we grow 🙂
Happy exploring from us!
Jonny & Team
Check out some of our top articles:
Our latest posts
- Three Dropper Loop Alternatives – Quick and Easy OptionsAre you tired of struggling to tie a dropper loop knot? Or are you just looking for an alternative rig to add to your fishing arsenal? In this article, we’ll explore what the dropper loop rig is, its advantages and disadvantages, and some alternatives that you might want to try. … Read more
- Master the High Low Rig for Surf FishingLooking for how to make and use the High Low Rig most effectively? Well, you’ve landed on the right page… The High Low Rig is a versatile and popular multi-hook fishing rig among anglers, especially when targeting saltwater species. Known for its effectiveness and ease of use, it’s not hard … Read more
- The Fish Finder Rig for Surf Fishing: Easy Setup and TipsWant to find out how best to use the Fish Finder Rig for surf fishing? The main goal of this article is to teach you how to use the Fish Finder Rig for surf fishing adeptly and customize it for various situations and species. The Fish Finder Rig provides a … Read more
- The Carolina Rig for Surf Fishing: A Simple yet Effective TechniqueSo, you want to up your surf angling game by trying the Carolina Rig for surf fishing? You’re in the right place! In this article, we will explain what the Carolina rig is and how to set it up for surf fishing success. Let’s get into it! What Is the … Read more
- Two Hook Flapper Rig – Beginners’ Guide to a Better CatchThe Two Hook Flapper Rig is an essential rig for saltwater anglers. In this article, you’ll learn the ins and outs of this versatile rig, designed specifically for targeting a wide variety of species. Useful for both beginners and advanced anglers, this guide will cover everything needed to master the … Read more
- Paternoster Rig: Mastering the Fishing TechniqueYou might have heard of the Paternoster Rig and wondered what it’s all about. In this article, we’ll cover what the Paternoster Rig actually is, how to make one yourself, and some tips and tricks on how to best utilize it during your fishing adventures. This rig is perfect for … Read more
- Penn Spinfisher VI Combo Review – the top combo out there?If you’re in the market for a tough little surf fishing combo that can take a pounding, cast well, and easily handle some tough-fighting fish, then the Penn Spinfisher VI surf combo in this review is for you. Honestly, trying to find a rod and reel that match so well … Read more
- A Penn Battle 3 Surf Combo Review – a great value systemIf you’re after a solid, stable fishing system in a combo setup, then put the Penn Battle 3 combo on your list. This combo is a little cheaper than alternatives like the Daiwa BG or Penn Spinfisher VI combos but delivers huge value. The Penn Battle 3 combo is a … Read more
- A quick Shimano Spheros Combo Review – a formidable fighterAre you getting serious about saltwater fishing? Want to make a quick decision about a rod and reel combo that you won’t regret? Then stop your search. Get the Shimano Spheros Combo in this review NOW. This latest Spheros reel is one of Shimano’s best saltwater reels out there for … Read more
- A Quick Ugly Stik Bigwater Surf Combo ReviewStarting to get into some saltwater fishing? After a great-value go-to combo to take to the beach or local pier? Then the Ugly Stik Bigwater we review here is going to be a good choice for you. I’ve tested so many budget-friendly rods over the years of fishing I’ve done. … Read more
Join our kayaking community to get useful tips and reviews of new products we use.